"Beyond The Basics" Pistol Course
Great training while you are waiting for your CT Pistol Permit,
Want to take the "next step", or just need a "Skills Tune-up".
Successful completion of the NRA Basic Pistol Course, or possess a valid Pistol Permit.
One-on-One personal training to help the student:
- Master the fundamentals
- Ingrain good shooting habits
- Improve accuracy
- Become more comfortable and confident with the firearm.
While other organizations have large classes and bang this type of course out in one day, we find that such training does not lead to long term change and improvement.
Our experience shows that this course is far more effective (and enjoyable) for our students, when taught in 5 SESSIONS spread over Five Days spread within 5 - 10 days.
- This gives the student time to absorb the coaching between each session, and come back refreshed and ready to continue honing skills.
This course is 5 hours in length, and is divided into a series of 1 hour sessions.
- 4 hours: .22LR Semi Auto Pistol or Revolver (provided).
- 1 hour: Shooting the student's personal Pistol or Revolver.
During this program each student will learn to demonstrate:
- Firearm Safety
- Proper Range Protocol
- Sight Alignment
- Breath Control
- Trigger Control
- Follow Through
- Shooing one-handed
- Shooting with Support Hand
- Properly loading and unloading a Semi Automatic Pistol or Revolver.
- Understanding Ammunition Malfunctions
- Failure to Fire/ Failure to Eject/Failure to Feed procedure
- .22LR Semi Auto Pistol* or Revolver*
- 400 rounds of .22LR
- Hearing** and Eye Protection**
* Students may bring and use their own .22LR Firearm (subject to inspection).
** Students may bring and use their own (if preferred).
Session 5: Student Provides (when able):
- Their own personal firearm.
- 100 rounds of ammunition appropriate for their firearm.
- Bridgeport Shooting Range (other locations subject to discussion)
- Includes Range Fees