NRA Basic Muzzle-Loading Rifle Shooting Course
"The Rifle that won the American Revolution"
To teach the basic Knowledge, Skills, and Attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a muzzle-loading rifle.
The course is 12 hours in length, and includes classroom time and instruction on a range shooting a muzzle-loading rifle.
While other organizations have large classes and "bang" this course out in two days, we find that such training is exhausting and overwhelming for the student.
Our experience shows that this course is far more effective (and enjoyable) for our students when taught in 3 SESSIONS, spread over three days.
- This gives the student time to absorb the information from Session 1, and review the materials prior to Session 2 and Session 3.
Each student learns:
- NRA's three rules for safe gun handling
- Parts of percussion and flintlock rifles
- Cleaning and care
- Shooting from the standing position
- Identifying failure to fire
- Benefits of becoming an active participant in the shooting sports
We provide everything you need during this course:
- Muzzle-Loading Rifle
- Eye and Hearing Protection
- Muzzle-Loading Rifle handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
During the course students take a Muzzle-Loading Student Examination, and receive an NRA Basic Muzzle-Loading Rifle Course Certificate upon successful completion of the course.
- Normally limited to 4 students.
- Lecture & Classroom Work: Milford
- Live Fire Shooting: Range T.B.A.
Tuition $ 250
- Discount available when you enroll your spouse, family, and friends.