NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting - Phase 2
This NRA Course meets the training requirements for your Connecticut Pistol Permit.
The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting - Phase 2 course is a "blended training" course, which means a portion of the course (Phase 1) is conducted in an online environment, that can be completed on your own time.
- You will have access to this program for 90 days from the start of your enrollment date after which access expires.
Upon successfully completing the online exam, students will be required to register for the instructor-led training portion (Phase 2), which is to be conducted at your local range with an NRA Certified Instructor.
You must successfully complete Phase 1 and Phase 2 in order to receive your NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting course certificate.
This is the first step in your handgun training program.
The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is a prerequisite for the "Beyond the Basics" Pistol Course.
NRA Online Training Course
Contact us for Phase 2
- Students learn best in a Friendly, Fun, Hands-On learning environment.
Our goal is to to reinforce the learning experience and maximise your success at the Range.
- This is why we do not cram everything into one session.
Class Lengh: 5 hours long.
Held in 2 Sessions over 2 Days
Session #1: 3 Hours
Session #2: 2 Hours
During this program students learn:
- NRA's rules for safe gun handling
- Handgun parts
- Handgun operation
- Shooting fundamentals
- Range Rules
- Shooting from the bench rest position and two handed standing positions
- Cleaning and caring for the handgun
- Continued opportunities for skill development
We provide everything you need during this course:
- Firearms (Revolver and Semi- Automatic Pistol)
- Eye and Hearing Protection
- Normally limited to FOUR students.
Typical Class Schedules – By Appointment
- Monday - Thursday: Morning and Afternoon sessions available
- Saturday: Morning and Afternnon sessions available
- Sunday: Afternoon sessions ONLY.
- Classroom Work: Milford
- Live Fire Shooting: Bridgeport
- Discount available when you sign-up your spouse or friend/s.
- Women's group classes encouraged.