NRA Basic Shotgun Course
To teach the basic Knowledge, Skills, and Attitude for the safe and proper use of a shotgun in shooting a moving target.
This course is 10 hours long, and includes classroom and range time learning how to shoot shotguns at moving targets.
While other organizations have large classes and bang this course out in one very long day, we find that such training is exhausting and overwhelming for the student.
Our experience shows that this course is far more effective (and enjoyable) for our students when taught in 2 SESSIONS, spread over Two Days.
- This gives the student time to absorb the information from Session 1, and review the materials prior to Session 2.
During this program students learn:
- NRA's rules for safe gun handling
- Shotgun parts
- Shotgun operation
- Shotgun shell components
- Shotgun shell malfunctions
- Shooting fundamentals
- Range rules
- Shooting at "straight away" and angled targets
- Cleaning and caring for the shotgun
- Continued opportunities for skill development
We provide everything you need during this course:
- Eye and Hearing Protection
- Basics of Shotgun Shooting handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
During the course students take a Basics of Shotgun Shooting Student Examination, and receive an NRA Basic Shotgun Course Certificate upon successful completion of the course.
- Lecture & Classroom Work: Milford
- Live Fire Shooting: Range T.B.A.
Tuition $ 250
- Discount available when you enroll your spouse, family or friends.