NRA Basic Rifle Course **
This program teaches the basic Knowledge, Skills, and Attitude necessary for the safe use of a rifle in target shooting.
This course is 14 hours long, and includes both classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles.
While other organizations have large classes and bang this course out in two days, we find that such training is exhausting and overwhelming for the young student.
Our experience shows that this course is far more effective (and enjoyable) for our young students when taught in 4 SESSIONS, spread over Four Days.
This gives the student time to absorb the information from session to session.
During this program students learn:
- NRA's rules for safe gun handling
- Rifle parts
- Rifle operation
- Shooting fundamentals
- Range rules
- Five shooting positions (bench rest, prone, sitting, standing and kneeling)
- Cleaning and care of the rifle
- Continued opportunities for skill development
We provide everything you need during this course:
- Eye and Hearing Protection
- NRA Basics of Rifle Shooting handbook
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
During the course students take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, and receive an NRA Basic Rifle Course Certificate upon successful completion of the course.
- Milford: Lecture & Classroom Work
- T.B.A. : Live Fire Shooting
- Sibling and friend discounts